Activities of T-Engine Forum
The general meeting is held fours times a year to report the forum activities to members, introduce the products of members, and promote exchanges of information among members.
Members can attend a keynote speech by Ken Sakamura, Chair of T-Engine Forum.
[General meetings for A- and B-members and for A- and e-members are separately held, which those having respective membership can attend.]
- Members can exhibit their own products.
Up to a specified number of persons from each member can attend seminars related to T-Kernel, ITRON specification OS, various development environments and Ubiquitous ID technology for free.
[Eligible members can attend our seminars.]
- T-Engine Forum designs specifications related to embedded devices including T-Kernel, its device drivers or Ubiquitous ID architecture in WGs, etc.
- The forum conducts activities to promote the standard specifications, and makes proposals to international standardization organizations such as ITU-T.
- The forum does not just design specifications, but we establish the IPR (Intellectual Property Right) policy so that IPR issues for released specifications will not easily happen.
- Activities to certify members’ products such as ITRON product certification and ucode tag certification are conducted.
- T-Engine Forum disseminates information on T-Engine, T-Kernel, ITRON specification OS, various development environments and Ubiquitous ID technology through our website and e-mail magazines.
The following information is provided at the members-only webpage.
(Note that available information is different depending on the membership type. Separate contracts or applications may be required for some types of information.)
- Specifications and the latest and updated information of T-Kernel, μT-Kernel， T2EX, MP T-Kernel, various adaptation patches, T-Kernel TEST suite, tools, etc. prior to the public release.
- Specifications and the latest and updated information of software and tools such as ucode Resolution Library and ucode Entry System related to Ubiquitous ID technology prior to the public release.
- Activity reports of general meetings, committees and WGs.
- Seminar texts, sample codes, etc.
［Cooperation for Various Feasibility Study Experiments］
- T-Engine Forum cooperated with many feasibility study experiments including “Tokyo Ubiquitous Technology Project” in their preparation, coordination and improvement of the experimental environments.
- The forum promotes T-Engine, T-Kernel, ITRON specification OS, various development environments and Ubiquitous ID technology hosting TRONSHOW on its own and making presentations at various exhibits.
［Information for the Media］
- The forum disseminates information on T-Kernel, ITRON specification OS, various development environments and Ubiquitous ID technology to the press and cooperates with the media for news gathering activities.